maandag 10 januari 2011

unpublished rhyme

I’ve been tossing and turning for over two hours in my bed. Then I thought; I have better things to do than this. And it’s true. Sitting here, with my sweet laptop and a steaming cup of winter tea, I feel much better.
Somehow it’s always night when I want it to be day, and day when I want it to be night. My body is telling me I’m tired, but the second I’m in my bed, the sun rises in my mind, and I’m wide awake.
Time, time, time, see what’s become of me
While I looked around
For my possibilities
I was so hard to please
But look around, leaves are brown
And the sky is a hazy shade of winter
Hear the salvation army band
Down by the riverside, it’s bound to be a better ride
Than what you’ve got planned
Carry your cup in your hand
And look around, leaves are brown now
And the sky is a hazy shade of winter
Look around, leaves are brown
There’s a patch of snow on the ground.

Photo's I made today: 
My dog: Jesse
Me and Tayfun
Jesse

I love the days where the sun and the winter are fighting over who owns the day.
It was one of the days when I loved being outside.
Before christmas, before newyearseve.
In the silence of the storm, with Ty and my crazy dog Jesse.

A flock of sheep that leisurely pass by
One after one; the sound of rain, and bees
Murmuring; the fall of rivers, winds and seas,
Smooth fields, white sheets of water, and pure sky -
I’ve thought of all by turns, and still I lie
Sleepless…
~William Wordsworth

”Most people do not consider dawn to be an attractive experience
- unless they are still up.” 
~Ellen Goodman

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten