woensdag 26 januari 2011

travel on nothing from nowhere to happiness.

After getting breakfast, cleaning up the place and taking a long long shower, I finally feel clean! I must have spend more than an hour in the bathroom. I’m completely washed, scrubbed, shaven, shampoo’d, conditioned, brushed and polished!
And I smell awesome now.
While sitting in the shower cabin ( yes, for some reason I always sit while showering )
I was letting the water clean my body and mind. I was thinking about facts ’bout myself. Things I really love and care about. Things that matter to me the most. And I want to share these things with you.
What i’ve come to realize the last couple of years, is that a lot of things that matter in this world, are such bullshit. It’s not about how much material things you have, how skinny or musculair you are, how well educated you are, or how succesfull or populair you are.
The reality is that the things life already has offered you, are the things you have to grab and be thankful for. Things that are real. Memories of good times with friends.
Like nature. Animals. Laughter. Fruit. Simple and pure things. It’s about how you spend your days, how you treat the people around you. How you focuss on being your true self. How you live and build up your own character. And how you can manage to maintain these simple wonderful things so they will last a lifetime.
It’s a big cliche, I know that. But that’s a shame, cause people never really listen or focuss on things they have already heard hundreds of times. So I’ll picture them for you, so you can see and feel them, without covering your ears.
You don’t need to live in a fancy city, be ‘media-beautiful’, have lots of things and lots of money. My theory to become happy, is to accept yourself so others will love you too, treat people they way you wish to be treated so you’ll create lots of friends, respect the little things of nature, see beauty in them. Be a little crazy, love a lot, and with some creativity, curiousity and openmindedness, your life will be amazing.
I’m not there by far either, but i’ll be working on this ’till I can see myself as my true self, living in full acceptance, respect and love for the world and everything in it.
Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
PEACE! (:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten