zondag 9 januari 2011

Peppered up

While going through my bag in search of my lipbalm today, I came across my pepperspray. I tossed it around a bit in my hand, memorizing the moments I used it. Then a really funny story came back to me, which I hadn’t thought about in months.
Summer 2010.
An intense summer filled with crazyness, party’s, romances and the weirdest situations I ever got into. Every monday in the months of June till September, there is an outdoor event in the ‘ wantijpark’ in Dordrecht. A big openair stage where different artists perform every week. All kinds of music genre’s, really awesome. We had for example ‘the animals’ last year, who ofcourse performed the house of the rising sun.
Wantij night pictures:
Marit, Lotte, Raanya, Kanaar, Lara 

As you can see, lots of socializing and lots of fun, every monday of summer.
Gosh, these pictures make me miss the summer a lot.
After one of these nights, Raanya, Anton and me ended up down town in a bar.
After some drinks and dancing we went to my home to sleep.
While sitting at the busstation, I went through my bag, again, looking for my lipbalm.
I came across my pepperspray, and without thinking about it (the fact that I was really tipsy helped) I sprayed the pepperspray in the air. I didn’t aim for one of our faces at all, but Raanya and Anton thought I sprayed deodorant or hairspray or something in the air, and they waved the peppery air into their faces to smell it.
Everything turned into a blur. I remember feeling my intire face burn, having troubles breathing, and not being able to see anything. I kept sneezing, and my eyes didn’t stop watering. After a few minutes, I tried to open them, and saw a blurry view of Raanya and Anton, all sitting like 5 meters apart, covering their faces, not saying anything.
I stumbled their way, and asked them if they were ok. They looked at me, both red swollen eyes, dripping noses, looking like they were going to burst in tears. But we all bursted in laughter, and pointed at eachothers swollen faces, accusing eachother of the damage.
The bus showed up, and redheaded, with the make-up down our faces, we stepped into the full bus.
It’s one of those funny moments you had to witness to be able to laugh about it, but it was just so stupid, that we still cant help but laugh whenever we bring it up.
Wiki:
“The effects of pepper spray are far more severe, including temporary blindness which lasts from 15-30 minutes, a burning sensation of the skin which lasts from 45 to 60 minutes, upper body spasms which force a person to bend forward and uncontrollable coughing making it difficult to breathe or speak for between 3 to 15 minutes.”

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten