I’ve been in bed most of the weekend.
The sun has finally been showing her face these days, but I haven’t been outside much to feel the warmth. Only for a sigarette now and then. I’ve been covered in bedsheets. Hidden in a room filled with movies and music.
I watched a couple of really amazing ones.
The one standing out most is ‘Black Swan’.
I know its been out in cinema’s some time in the states already,
but i’ll describe the movie to those who haven’t seen it anyway.
‘Black Swan’ is about 28 year old Nina , who has been pushed into becoming a ballerina by her mom, who gave up her own carriere to have Nina, whom she was pregnant with. Nina gets the leadrole in a play, as the swanqueen. In this play she has to play the white swan, who is light and delicate, and also the black swan, who is dark and sensual and dangerous. She is the perfect innocent white swan, but has problems placing herself in the role of the black swan. She has to let go of controll to get in the role, and stop trying to be perfect and delicate. In this process, she gets really confused with herself, her identity, people around her and her youth, and she loses herself in stress, confusion, hallucinations and schizofrenia.
She becomes more and more the black swan without being able to stop it.
The movie had a huge impact on me.
Who ever came up with this story, has digged so deep into the psychological world of scitzophrenia and fears, that it’s hard for me to dismiss the thought of that person having experienced it himself. Its incredible how realistic it’s been filmed and directed.
After the movie, I was sort of caught in the intire vibe the movie was covered in. I felt really weird, artistic, scared and sort of not myself. I know that sounds strange, but I’m sure that anyone who sees this movie will feel the same.
Captured by the Swan.
Another less dramatic movie I loved, was Match Point.

”Chris Wilton is a former tennis pro, looking to find work as an instructor. He meets Tom Hewett, a well-off pretty boy. Tom’s sister Chloe falls in love with Chris but Chris has his eyes on Tom’s fiancée, the luscious Nola. Both Chris and Nola know it’s wrong but what could be more right than love? Chris tries to juggle both women but at some point, he must choose between them.”
After reading the storyline, I thought: Cheesy happy-end love story.
But the storyline is being a little sneeky.
The plot kept changing, and a lot of things happened that I didnt see coming.
The movie turns from innocent into strange and sort of frightening.

I liked it a lot.
And I LOVED the soundtrack that kept coming back.


Match Point’s intro quote:
The man who sayd ”I’d rather be lucky than good”  saw deeply into life. People are afraid to face how great a part of life is dependent on luck. It’s scary to think so much is out of ones control. There are moments on a match when the ball hits the top of the net, and for a split second, in can go either forward or fall back. With a little luck, it goes forward, and you win. Or maybe it doesnt, and you lose.