donderdag 11 november 2010

TORNADO LAND

Getting up was hell.
But while getting dressed and ready for work, my mood lightened.
Christine, my childhood bestfriend showed up at my door, telling me she’s pregnant!
I feel like becoming an aunt now, since I see her sort of as a sister.
Later today I got on the train to Utrecht, to meet up with Marit.
OMG. Holland is being tortured by heavy rainfall, thunderstorms, and windblows with tornado force.
I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.
People got blown off their feet, umbrella’s flying, and TERRIBLE TRAFFIC.
While walking to the bus, a blow of wind came over me, that was so hard that all my strenght didnt weigh up. I tried to lean against it with my intire weight, and I still tended to fall backwards.
Along with that wind, heavy rain came down, as if a bucket of water got thrown on top of me.
When I opened my eyes, I noticed I was on the ground, still on my feet, but in a tiny ball with my arms wrapped around my knees. Emberassed as I was, I looked around, and notices atleast 15 people around me, in the exact same position, also standing up, looking dazed.
Its crazy out there!!
I’ll upload photos I made out in the storm.
Tonight I’ll upload more pictures and the story of Utrecht, cause its another hilarious one.

 

"KNMI waarschuwt voor zware storm en regenbuien"


(=”Dutch weather report warns for heavy storm”)


donderdag 11 november 2010 08:56
Donderdag en vrijdag is het weer onstuimig. Langs de kust stormachtige, zware windstoten en in het hele land wind en heel veel regen.
Vooral aan de kust zal het flink gaan stormen
Het is de eerste herfststorm in het hele land.

(=First storm of the year that spreads around the entire county)
VerwachtingHet KNMI verwacht dat het steeds donkerder zal worden in Nederland. Aan het einde van de ochtend gaat het van het westen uit flink regenen. In de loop van de avond zal het daarbij steeds harder gaan waaien.In de middag en avond worden de windstoten zeer zwaar. In de loop van de avond zal het ook weer vanuit het westen opklaren.  Naar verwachting houdt het stormachtige herfstweer een paar dagen aan. De meeste storm wordt boven de Noordzee verwacht.

The weather warnings for today and tomorrow (in Dutch)

Most of it says:
HEAVY WINDS AND RAIN, STAY IN!!!!

Wish i’d known this morning...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten